Love & Logic Parent
The Rules of Love and Logic
Adults set firm limits in loving ways without anger, lecture, or threats.
When a child causes a problem the adult hands it back in loving ways.
1) In a loving way, the adult holds the child accountable for solving his/her problems in a way that does not make a problem for others.
2) Children are offered choices with limits.
3) Adults use enforceable statements.
4) Adults provide delayed/extended consequences.
5) The adult’s empathy is “locked in” before consequences are delivered.